Best hotels to stay in saint-germain
Vibrant district, where cultural treasures and fashionable boutiques await. This guide will help decide on where to stay in Saint-Germain and if it’s a good fit for you.
Our Selection Of where to stay in Saint-Germain
Saint-Germain in Paris is a refined escape. Cobblestone streets reveal iconic cafes, high-end boutiques, and art galleries. The Left Bank’s intellectual heart, this neighborhood radiates timeless elegance, with historic landmarks and bohemian charm enticing visitors into a cultural haven at the heart of the city.
Why we like it:
- Cultural Hub: Rich in history, art, and intellectual legacy.
- Luxurious Ambiance: High-end boutiques and elegant cafes abound.
- Central Location: Proximity to major attractions and the Seine River.
- Artistic Atmosphere: Inspirational surroundings for creatives and art enthusiasts.
What you should consider for your trip:
- Higher Prices: Upscale ambiance may come with a higher price tag.
- Crowded Streets: Popular with tourists, leading to occasional crowding.
- Limited Nightlife: Quieter evenings compared to more bustling districts.
- Tourist Popularity: The area’s charm attracts visitors, potentially affecting the local atmosphere.
Our top selection
Discover the essence of Parisian allure. An intimate café that doubles as a literary haven, a chic and vibrant setting that feels like home. All of this awaits you in the heart of a neighborhood, nestled between the meandering Seine and the iconic Café de Flore.
Welcome to the Pavillon Faubourg Saint-Germain—a destination that redefines the art of luxury living.
Our favorite hotels in this area
Saint-Germain-des-Prés is a haven for art, literature, and culture lovers. This chic neighborhood boasts iconic cafes like Café de Flore and Les Deux Magots, where famous writers and artists once gathered. Stay in a boutique hotel or a stylish Airbnb rental to immerse yourself in the artistic atmosphere of this district.
Hôtel Odéon Saint Germain ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
The property is fully air-conditioned both in the rooms and in the reception area. Its guestrooms feature a flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi.
The soundproofed guest rooms are equipped with a mini-bar and feature a dressing room. All rooms at hotel Odeon Saint Germain are decorated with silk curtains. Each room includes welcome gifts by L’Occitane.
Hôtel de Lille
Guest rooms were designed with eco-friendly material and feature a flat-screen TV with complimentary on-demand movies. Extra features include a mini-bar, Nespresso coffee machine, air-conditioning, and free WiFi.
In the bathrooms, guests will find bathrobes and bathroom amenities from the Frederic Malle brand.
Hôtel & Spa La Belle Juliette ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Offering a patio, Hôtel Da Vinci & Spa is located in Saint-Germain-des-Prés district of Paris, 1,950 feet from the Louver Museum. Free WiFi access is available and there is a spa at guests’ disposal for a surcharge.
Each room features a flat-screen TV, a mini-bar and air conditioning. The rooms include a private bathroom with a bath or a shower, a hairdryer and bathrobes.
Top 5 reasons to stay in Saint-Germain:
- Artistic and Literary Legacy: Saint-Germain-des-Prés has a rich artistic and literary history. It was once frequented by famous writers and philosophers like Jean-Paul Sartre and Simone de Beauvoir. Staying here offers a chance to soak in the intellectual and creative atmosphere.
- Iconic Cafes: The neighborhood is home to iconic cafes like Café de Flore and Les Deux Magots, where literary figures and artists gathered in the past. Enjoy a coffee or a meal at these historic establishments.
- Art Galleries: Saint-Germain-des-Prés boasts numerous art galleries and exhibitions. Art enthusiasts will find plenty to explore, including contemporary and classic works.
- Luxurious Shopping: The neighborhood is known for its upscale boutiques and designer stores. If you’re a fashion enthusiast, you’ll find a variety of high-end shops to indulge your shopping desires.
- Proximity to Landmarks: Saint-Germain-des-Prés is centrally located, making it easy to reach many of Paris’s iconic landmarks like Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Louvre Museum, and the Musée d’Orsay and jump into activities in Le Louvre or the Eiffel Tower.
In conclusion, Saint-Germain is a neighborhood steeped in history and culture, making it an excellent choice for travelers who appreciate art, literature, and an intellectual ambiance. However, be prepared for higher costs, tourist crowds, and a vibrant, bustling atmosphere. Consider your interests and budget when deciding whether Saint-Germain-des-Prés is the right neighborhood for your stay in Paris.
FAQ About Saint-Germain
Yes, Saint-Germain is considered one of the safest areas in Paris, offering a secure environment for travelers.
Saint-Germain puts you in proximity to iconic landmarks like the Louvre, Notre-Dame Cathedral, and the vibrant Latin Quarter.
Accommodation costs vary, but on average, expect prices ranging from $200 to $500 per night, depending on the hotel’s category and amenities.
Saint-Germain benefits from excellent public transportation links, including metro stations and bus routes, ensuring easy access to explore other parts of Paris.
Saint-Germain is known for its diverse culinary scene. Enjoy authentic French bistros, cafes, and Michelin-starred restaurants, offering a range of dining experiences.